Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Open Pa^2 Patois, Why I blog.

The three R's

  • Reporting
  • Ranting
  • Recording
I have the questionable good fortune to come from a rather long line of notorious, famous and infamous folks (Search1, Search2). Sadly, what is missing are the insights and antics of my father, Bill VI. A giant in his own right my Papa was not one to bask in the limelight or to write anything more than a grocery list. As a result there is a gap in the family history. My intent in blogging is to leave a written legacy for William VIII and the roman numerals to follow.

Reporting: This might actually be better thought of as journaling but J&2R's didn't have the right ring to it. Detailing my adventures with the mundane aspects of my life like mowing the lawn. Letting my heirs and readers know that even the most everyday details fell under the scrutiny of an OCD, TMI kinda guy. That I would spend my vacation with Ted. Or that I would spend an inordinate amount of time setting Linux up on this laptop (yet to be posted).

Ranting: I almost put that in all-caps. My blog is my soap box that I am allowed to rail from. It is my wilderness into which I can cry. It is the Intertoob that I can pour forth sound and fury, signifying . . . er, something. In a universe where there is no privacy, where we stand cyber-shoulder to cyber-shoulder my blog is the wall on which I can tag my own brand of graphiti.

Recording: Some critics will observe that there is only a little original content in my blog. Well, I ain't writin' no literary master piece here, Bubba, so's ya'll cain take your criticism and put it in the above category. I include articles, blurbs, quotes, pictures and other blog posts as a way of recording my perspective of the [cyber]world that we live in. I do my best to cite my source with each piece I "borrow". I do not receive any economic benefit from my blogging so it is not like I am gaining some advantage from the work of others. Pa^2 Patois is and will hopefully continue to be one man's view of the world.


I am going to vote for Barack Obama.
I am William "Papa" Meloney and I endorse this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .