Sunday, May 04, 2008

Open Mmmmmmeme

Just MeMe … And YouYou … Part 2 5:37 AM (1 minute ago)
That is how it appeared in my RSS reader this morning... so here goes.

10 Years ago I . . .
. . . bought a big old fat book entitled Slackware Linux and my computing life changed forever. Yesterday was spent loading Slackware v12 on this laptop that I am typing on now.
5 Things on today's To-Do list . . .
  1. Finish mowing the lawn - rained out yesterday
  2. Telephone a friend (Note to self: must find a friend.)
  3. Finish this d*mned post.
  4. haiku
  5. Rehearsal - Cell (Mystery Writers Festival, Owensboro, KY)
What I would do as a billionaire . . .
After taking care of the usual things (bills, college x 3, bills, more bills, etc.) I would set up a trust to manage the rest of the money and I would HIDE. I would be the next guy in line at the grocery store buying milk and a loaf of bread. I would ride shotgun in a dependable beater with an equally nondescript person who would be my driver (My only real luxury - I really hate to drive.) The simply appointed (spartan) one-story ranch house would be set just far enough apart so the neighbors wouldn't need good fences. (Ironically, I would be able to hire someone to deal with all the worldly crap possessions I have now and can't get rid of.)
3 Bad habits . . . In addition to a multitude of your run-of-the-mill dietary, toxins, stresses, parenting bad habits...
  1. I don't hesitate to lay on the horn when I think someone is driving stupid!
  2. I have a bias against really obese people.
  3. I never lie. Or, I always tell the truth. (Your choice.)
5 Places I have lived . . .
  1. Kodiak Island, Alaska
  2. East Lansing, Michigan
  3. Guadalajara, Mexico
  4. Kalamazoo, Michigan
  5. Philpot, Kentucky
5 Jobs I have had . . .
  1. Backyard Electrician - Circus Kirk, Harrisburg PA
  2. Evening Announcer - WKLA AM & FM, Ludington MI
  3. Set Designer/Tech Director, Freelance
  4. Emergency Medical Technician, Instructor/Coordinator
  5. Permanent Substitute Teacher, Lansing MI


(Now forming...the committee to N E V E R elect a President Clinton)
I am William "Papa" Meloney and I endorse this message.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:28 AM

    Most excellent, sir! Thanks for biting on the bait. Best wishes on your to do list for today. It's sunny and pleasant in Nashville, so I assume you've got similar... Enjoy! For this too shall pass...

    ReplyDelete

. . .