Thursday, April 17, 2008

Open Blogging, quitting

Recently I came across the following...

I have to confess that I am seriously considering quitting blogging. Any thoughts from the Peanut Gallery?
Now I am not going to cite my source for this quote (you know who you are) because it is not my intention to embarrass a given individual... Nope, I am setting my sights a bit higher than that. I want to send a message to all of the folks that are currently uttering such plaintive cries...

If you have to ask a question like this you are blogging for the wrong reasons!

Following the sage advice of my great-great-grandmother... "Iffen you don't have anything to say then STFU!" Ok, ok, she would not have used the colloquial 'iffen' but you get the message.

So here are a simple set of rules...for blogging.
  1. If you have something to say then go ahead and blog.
  2. If you don't have anything to say then don't blog.
  3. If you don't feel like blogging then don't blog.
  4. DO NOT ask [me] if you should continue blogging.
If you are blogging for other people you are blogging for the wrong reasons.


(Now forming...the committee to not re-elect Presidents Clinton)
I am William "Papa" Meloney and I endorse this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .