Thursday, October 27, 2022

The Ritual of Habit

As autumn turns I have noticed one of the comforts of drinking coffee. Or rather, I have noticed the lack of such comforts having given up not just the habit of coffee but all caffeine. It was a simple comfort, a ritual. A steaming cup of hot liquid clutched on a cold morning. Warmth to off-set the chill.


Then I rediscovered Tea. Yeah, yeah, alright, Herb Tea. Specifically caffeine-free herbal brews. Those strange concoctions that my on-again-off-again vegan friend used to insist I try. Flowers and rose hips and Chamomile and ... I dutifully complied. There might have been one or perhaps two ulterior motives that turned me from the dark roast side, if only temporarily.

The flavors of those days return. The luxurious times. Soaking in the exuberance of youth. A time of innocence, warmth and comfort.

Warmth to off-set the chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .