Monday, March 21, 2011

Because, peace, peace is implicit in women.

"And I wondered, what message do you have for us Gen X’rs?”
“Ah yes, crossroads." Nodding briskly. "Well, in the West, you have education, and this is good. And you have technology. And this is good. But, you do not educate your people in values. Values of the heart. Compassion. This you must do."
"And you see, it does not matter whether you are Buddhist or Christian." he went on. "Compassion lives in heart, beyond religion. Even me, Buddhist, I can say, you do not need Buddhism, just the compassion of the heart." Call me cynical, but I just can't see The Pope being so flexible.
"Women know this," he went on. "Because, peace, peace is implicit in women. You put boys together, they make war. You put women together, they make peace. Women are the leaders of the future." He spoke of Jimmy Carter as a leader with feminine-based principles, and Benazir Bhutto as a "very aggressive woman, but good leader...very good leader." And he laughed. And laughed.

[ LINK: Whitehot Truth <= the Dalai Lama looked me in the eye and said... ]

Posted via email from Pa^2 Patois

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .