Thursday, August 26, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Joe & Eddie
Joe and Eddie was an American gospel and Folk music group whose vocal career peaked in 1964. Composed of two African American men, Joe Gilbert and Eddie Brown, Joe and Eddie became popular with their vocal talent. In their career, they toured the United States and Canada, appeared on over 20 major television shows and recorded eight albums.
Posted by William Meloney at 4:36 PM
Monday, August 23, 2010
Defeat the Right in Three Minutes
- Cheap-labor conservatives don't like social spending or our "safety net". Why. Because when you're unemployed and desperate, corporations can pay you whatever they feel like – which is inevitably next to nothing. You see, they want you "over a barrel" and in a position to "work cheap or starve".
- Cheap-labor conservatives don't like the minimum wage, or other improvements in wages and working conditions. Why. These reforms undo all of their efforts to keep you "over a barrel".
- Cheap-labor conservatives like "free trade", NAFTA, GATT, etc. Why. Because there is a huge supply of desperately poor people in the third world, who are "over a barrel", and will work cheap.
- Cheap-labor conservatives oppose a woman's right to choose. Why. Unwanted children are an economic burden that put poor women "over a barrel", forcing them to work cheap.
- Cheap-labor conservatives don't like unions. Why. Because when labor "sticks together", wages go up. That's why workers unionize. Seems workers don't like being "over a barrel".
Posted by William Meloney at 8:33 PM