Monday, May 03, 2010

kiss Spring comes

9.
by E. E. Cummings


there are so many tictoc 
clocks everywhere telling people 
what toctic time it is for 
tictic instance five toc minutes toc 
past six tic 

Spring is not regulated and does 
not get out of order nor do 
its hands a little jerking move 
over numbers slowly 

we do not 
wind it up it has no weights 
springs wheels inside of 
its slender self no indeed dear 
nothing of the kind. 

(So,when kiss Spring comes 
we'll kiss each kiss other on kiss the kiss 
lips because tic clocks toc don't make 
a toctic difference 
to kisskiss you and to 
kiss me)

From: 

Academy of American Poets

(Fine Print: If you would rather not receive my blathering and such please let me know and I will remove you from my list.)

Posted via email from Pa^2 Patois

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .