Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Catastrophic FAIL - DELL COMMUNITY

Inside Enterprise IT - Inside Enterprise IT - DELL COMMUNITY

Storage Guru

Watering My SMB Roots

09 September , 07:05 AM

It’s hard to believe that I’ve now been at Dell for almost 10 years. Where did the time go? I think back to my first year at Dell as a fledging server marketing manager, studying RAID groups, redundant-hot-swap whatever every night when I went home, so I wouldn’t get roasted by the hard-core technical sales reps (TSRs). Let’s be clear … they roasted me anyway, but at least it was on my terms. Anyone that knows me knows I thrive on sarcasm and strong personalities. Those guys shaped me into the storage person I am today.

I was part of the Small and Medium Business (SMB) group of Dell back in those days. I loved the emotion involved in that job … entrepreneurs growing their businesses, people in love with their job (not necessarily in love with IT) -- I could relate. After living in that universe for almost three years, it became my foundation. Our performance plans call it Customer Advocacy (or something like that), but it ingrained a passion in me that still surfaces regularly today.

Maybe that’s why I’m all over our new PowerVault NX300 Network-Attached Storage (NAS) platform. It gives me a chance to get back on my SMB soap box and show how we’re addressing their business problems with technology - ...


I started out just reading the text of this posting in GoogleReader (No picture!)  Sounded like a real person, a real committed person, really engaging.  I was beginning to get excited about the positive story being related.  I really started to relate.  Then I clicked on the embedded link.  BUMMER, "We're sorry."  ...  

Dell has sadly let me down.  On the Internet fail links spell disaster.  Particularly fail links that introduce a new product.  Here is the message that I come away with... fail link = fail product.  I know it is unfair but it is very difficult to un-experience a first experience.

We're sorry!

Posted via email from Pa^2 Patois

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .