Thursday, April 03, 2008

Open Goodbye

Isn't it just like the net ... a man you never met, via a man you never met...and yet with his passing you know you are diminished... or... you have yet another hero... or... another standard to ascribe to...

Shang Goodwin

http://isen.com/breakfastclub/125-2594_IMG.JPG

I am truly sorry I never met you ... I am less for it. David S. Isenberg, thank you for sharing...
Shang's craft was listening. He would ask you a question and listen with his whole brain to the answer. Then he'd ask you a deeper question. Sometimes they were very personal questions; if somebody else had asked, it'd be impolite. But Shang had such genuine curiosity that it was OK when he asked.
In a world full of important people I can say that I am sorry that I never got to meet him...

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .