Monday, March 10, 2008

Open Trust (or the lack thereof...)

I do not trust Hillary Clinton.

For a long while now I have been trying to find the essence of my dislike for HRC.

Today as I read the Newsweek post ...

How can you win the nomination when the math looks so bleak for you?
It doesn't look bleak at all. I have a very close race with Senator Obama. There are elected delegates, caucus delegates and superdelegates, all for different reasons, and they're all equal in their ability to cast their vote for whomever they choose. Even elected and caucus delegates are not required to stay with whomever they are pledged to. This is a very carefully constructed process that goes back years, and we're going to follow the process.
I was left with the "this is the way we have run questionable politics in the past" feeling. Even the suggestion that "delegates are not required to stay with whomever they are pledged to" smacks of disenfranchisement! I would have expected this kind of elitist power mongering from WASP men 50 or 100 years ago but today???

I do not trust Hillary Clinton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .