Sunday, June 10, 2007

Takin' a day off... sorta

In addition to showing up for work I have spent every free moment of the last three days doing 'tech' work for the Mystery Theater Festival.

And it was good!

After taking a 25 year vacation from Technical Theater it is good great to get back in. While I did contribute significantly to the Set Design and construction of Picasso at the Lapin Agile it was adjunct to my directing the show. The work I have been doing for MTF is just plain tech. Painting flats, setting scenery, spiking furniture, affixing light switches, hanging paintings, mounting door hardware, and the list goes on. In fact the phrase made popular by POTUS in West Wing comes to mind, "What's next?"

But the real joy, above and beyond paint under my fingernails and sawdust in my... the real joy has been getting to work with people who know how to do Theater. Not people who are learning but people who have 'been there, done that.' My joy comes from a.) being among my peers and b.) being among people from whom I can learn(1). To me this is the greatest reward.

...but today I am takin' a day off...sorta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .