Sunday, February 04, 2007

Papa, don't preach

From the "He speaks so eloquently file"...



AKMA’s Random Thoughts



Last time, I said, “Don’t write checks you can’t cash.” This morning’s admonition is less metaphorical: Don’t assert when you can evoke.



Having attempted to speak to congregations (I am neither qualified nor credentialed to "Preach") I have long held to the belief that people will draw their own conclusions if they are presented with compelling scenarios. Further, being the idealist that I am, I believe that people will draw healthy and beneficial conclusions - as long as their personal integrity is not beaten or battered with 'righteous preachy speaking'.



Thanks again AKMA for so clearly speaking from the heart. It is appreciated more than you might ever know.





Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .