Sunday, October 04, 2009

I wanted change...

...but I am not so naive as to believe in campaign promises.  Barack Obama is a professional politician.  The fact that politicians cannot and will not keep campaign promises does not surprise me.  The fact that our government is not run by just one person does not surprise me.

Conversely I am surprised when other vocal proponents and detractors would lay the entire responsibility of their unfulfilled expectations squarely on the shoulders of one man.

I voted for Barack Obama.

I wanted to see change.

I wanted to see an intelligent, articulate person occupy the office of President of the United States of America.  I wanted a person who would be presidential. I wanted a person that I could be proud of.   I even considered the fact that Barack Obama is a person of color to be an added bonus.

I have not been disappointed.

Posted via email from Pa^2 Patois

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .