Saturday, August 30, 2008

Open Intrigue

What is John McCain to do?

Either Mrs. "Not-So-Plain-And-Simple" Sarah Palin is the heretofore unheard of Golden Child or ... she will likely be the last nail in McCain's coffin. Certainly the Republican party faithful have reservations about the possibility of elevating her to POTUS. Most assuredly the everyperson Republican cannot be so blinded by Mrs. Palin's glossy verneer as to not recognize a true political liability.

What McPains me the most is that the Republican party moved from the realm of historical venerability to a sordid adult version of video game buffoonery. How could McCain's handlers allowed such a monumental gaff? Or is this the kind of direction Leadership we can expect from the Republicans if by some miraculous turn of fate they actually attain the Oval Office.

I know that the next time I am assailed by my Republican acquaintances imploring me to reconsider my Obama stance I will have to do nothing more than whisper the name of McCain's venerable VP choice - and try not to laugh out loud.

So, what's a McCain to do?

What if "Troopergate" is the icing on Sarah's going-away cake? From under which stone will McCain's handlers try to pull another rabbit? Or perhaps, just perhaps wiser Republican heads will prevail and Romney or Pawlenty might be willing to be reconsidered. (Once burned, twice shy?)

What's a McCain to do?

Time to put on your Happy Face, polish up your rhetoric, stand by your choice... and face the music.

Or, you could... try and McExplain her away like a previous marriage and try again.



I am going to vote for Barack Obama.
I am William "Papa" Meloney and I endorse this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .