Thursday, July 03, 2008

Open: The Spin Doctor will see you now...

Anil Dash has offered one of the best "spins" of the era ...

Bill Gates has pulled off one of the greatest hacks in technology and business history, by turning Microsoft's success into a force for social responsibility. Imagine imposing a tax on every corporation in the developed world, collecting $100 per white-collar worker per year, and then directing one third of the proceeds to curing AIDS and malaria. That, effectively, is what Bill Gates has done.

If for a moment I thought there was one iota of forethought on the part of Mr. Gates I as well would hold him up as a paragon of virtue. Conversely I think Mr. Bill Gates is suffering the weight of his ill-gotten booty.

Having imposed Windows on the world and exacted a pound of flesh for each copy I think Mr. Bill now gets to try and crawl out from under the burden of his wealth. Some now he and the Gates Foundation would have us believe that out of the great Windows deprivation will come the great good of human health and well being.

Bill, how does it feel to be pwned?


I am going to vote for Barack Obama.
I am William "Papa" Meloney and I endorse this message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .