Sunday, July 27, 2008

Open Iran: The Need For Transparency

I will not suggest that I understand the society and culture of a great nation half the world away. I can and will assert that the lack of transparency in any national process does not promote a sense of trust or security.

Iranian physicians arrested & held in undisclosed location

Posted by WynD on July 15, 2008

The plight of these two physician brothers was brought to my attention today and I wanted to help create awareness of their situation. As I learn more about their situation and/or ways in which we can aid in their release, I will let you know. For now, please keep both of these men in your thoughts and prayers….

Kamiar and Arash Alaei

Leaders in fight against HIV/AIDS arrested

Two physician brothers, who have been recognized internationally for their work in the development of HIV/AIDS programs and services in Iran, are being held in prison by the Iranian government. According to reports received from Teheran, Drs. Kamiar and Arash Alaei were taken to an undisclosed location sometime in late June. The reason for their detention is unknown.

Ladan Alomar, Executive Director of Centro Civico of Amsterdam, NY, a community based organization that provides HIV/AIDS services to the Latino community, received a phone call from a person close to the Alaei brothers and was informed of the situation. The family and friends of Kamiar and Arash in Iran do not know where and under what charges the brothers are being held. The authorities in Teheran have provided no information about their whereabouts.




I am going to vote for Barack Obama.
I am William "Papa" Meloney and I endorse this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .