Sunday, April 06, 2008

Open Church

These guys, Joe & Eddie, sang my church when I was a kid. No, that is not a typo. Regardless of their setting, on white-bread TV or LPs, these two men sang my church. I knew then as I know now that their belief, their faith was in their blending soaring voices. When they sang they called me to believe, to have faith.

So it is entirely fitting that you get to hear a little of the church they sing... ignore the vestments, the trappings, just listen to their gift...




Joe & Eddie/Children Go
(Embedding disabled by request)

jguth3 posted the above clip of Children Go

Danny Kaye presenting Joe & Eddie performing, "Children Go". (arranged & adapted by them). I was there! They brought me along for moral support. Ha! As if they needed it. THEY WERE GREAT!
I lived and worked at Doug Weston's Troubadour from 1962-1969, and I can say that Joe & Eddie was the most dynamtic duo that ever played the club. Joe was killed in a car accident, August 6,1966. Joe is the one on your left singing tenor, off time, on time and weaving around Eddie like three gospel singers.
Of herself jguth3 says...
Mother & grand mother of a bunch of folk singers. Artist & love working in the multimedia world. I married that wandering folk singer 38 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .