Sunday, March 16, 2008

Open: the Politics of Rhetoric of Politics

In a comment responding to my post entitled "Open Self Destruction" a group claiming to be Muslims Against Sharia turns out to be a "blogger" of indeterminate identity. When I followed the link to the blog and then clicked on the "Home" link I was shown the same website header served from a different domain - reformislam.org .

My initial feeling was one of concern founded on ignorance - I don't know the issues and I am therefore afraid of endorse or dispute any position put forth. I did how ever reread the comment to understand just that much of the situation.

Muslims Against Sharia said...

Muslims Against Sharia call on Senators McCain and Obama to cut all ties with their racist, Islamophobic, and anti-Semitic supporters.

My conclusion that a call for anyone to "...cut all ties with their racist, Islamophobic and anti-Semitic supporters" is perfectly legitimate.

To better appreciate the whole of this, for me, confusing circumstance I followed these links to try and better understand...
Muslims Against Sharia
By Jamie Glazov
FrontPageMagazine.com | Tuesday, November 13, 2007
and
Islamic Supreme Council (This site loaded very slowly for me, please be patient.)

For information on ISCA's current Activities and Goals, please view our brochure in PDF format. (Recommended.)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:59 PM

    This post is somewhat misleading. While we support the goals of The Islamic Supreme Council of America, we are not associated with it.

    ReplyDelete

. . .