Sunday, March 30, 2008

Open Meltdown

The continuing saga of virtual community failure ...

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Facebook Suicide

My recent decision to rejoin real world interactions prompted me to leave Facebook forever. However, I could not do it wihout one final hurra! Below, for your viewing pleasure, is the letter I wrote to all of my "freinds" on Facebook...

The letter that follows is great. SLH speaks eloquently to both his concerns and the real needs of community.
. . .

I realize that I may fall out of touch with many of you because I have chosen to leave this virtual network; but I am confident that those of you who truly are concerned or even curious to know what I am doing can send an email or an IM. I am privileged enough to know who my friends are… they make an effort to stay in touch that goes beyond a comment on a picture or “Facebooking me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .