Saturday, February 09, 2008

Open Lacking

Paul Simon - Kodachrome lyrics

When I think back
On all the crap I learned in high school
It's a wonder
I can think at all
And though my lack of education
Hasn't hurt me none
I can read the writing on the wall
I have loved and honored the work of Paul Simon since the very earliest days ... but this particular lyric stanza has always haunted me... when I encountered these websites I began to understand just how 'my lack of education' has really hurt me some...

Utilidade pública

O Escriba [pt] has created a link to his online library, with free books available for download. Some of them are quite rare, others have been forbidden, such as Roberto Carlos' biography. He has only an environmentally-friendly wish: “Please avoid printing them out, reading on the screen is not that much difficult”.

Iran:Remember Faridani,a great photographer

Dokhtari az Iran, writes[Fa] about the death of Nikol Faridani, a famous Iranian photographer who has published several photo books about Iranian cities and nature.Watch some of his photos.
" Watch some of his photos. " Go "watch" this site and be amazed. The photos are great - the rest of the site is magnificent - unfortunately my lack of education prevents me from really appreciating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .