Monday, January 07, 2008

Open Mouth, insert foot

I owe Doug Alder an apology. Doug left a perfectly correct comment on my Papa Predictions for 2008 posting. In it he observed, "I think you must have missed MS' decision to not charge any licensing fees for server 2008..." He is absolutely right. I missed that bit of news. (More on that elsewhere.)

Doug also mentioned that "Your comment form does not appear to give me a place to put my url when signing in using my gmail account - it is             "

Now this is a really serious matter. Apparently the comment form strips out e-mail addresses as well(?). This is not boding well for Google.

All that aside, Doug Alder has been and continues to be a long-standing member of the blogging community. I am sorry for suggesting anything to the contrary.

1 comment:

  1. No problemo mon -thanks for the apology but part of the problem was mine too - I thought my Google ID for here would give you my email address instead of just my first name and reacted to your comment as if you did know my full name and/or email address and thus were able to see who I was.

    ReplyDelete

. . .