Monday, October 04, 2004

Deep in the throws of withdrawl...ya'll - 14 days without Internet access would just KILL me flat dead! Now I am not a normal consumer. I am a geek, plain and simple. For better or worse, all of my work and most of my play is done in front of a PC, connected to the Internet. Anything else and I might as well be ... would be... challenged. E-Mail in the morning, blogs first thing at work, Bridge (you remember, the card game) at lunch, steaming media conferences, spreadsheets, applications, progs, HTML, perl, php, ls, w...

And then I would return to a home dim and dark because my geek(ish) wife and three beautiful geek(like) children would be anywhere else, plugged in to the 'net, satisfying their respective IM/www jones.

I have but one life to live for my ... Internet. Give me liberty or give me...a book? I used to have them around here somewhere... You remember, paper with printing...ancient media. I will give up my Internet when they pry it from my carpal-tunneled, arthritic fingers. When the Internet is ourlawed only major corporations and the military industrial complex will have Internet.


Ok, I am done ranting... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .